Keyword Research with Semrush: A Step-by-Step Guide Answers 2024
In this lesson, you’ll gain a better understanding of what keyword research is and why it’s a crucial component to your overall marketing strategy. You’ll discover how keyword research tools save a significant amount of time and allow for efficient workflows.
In this lesson, you’ll learn how to navigate the Keyword Overview tool. With this tool, you’ll be able to spot opportunities for SEO growth, get detailed specs on keyword metrics, and unveil related keywords. This intel will allow you to find the best keywords to support your goals.
Keyword Magic Tool
In this lesson, you’ll learn how to navigate the Keyword Magic tool. You’ll be able to identify related and relevant keywords that are lower competition and filter through a variety of metrics like volume, keyword difficulty, match types, and more.
In this lesson, you’ll learn how to conduct a deeper dive into keyword metrics with Keyword Manager. You’ll also discover tips and best practices that can be applied to your workflow to keep your keyword projects organized.
Get to know the Position Tracking tool and how it can help improve your rankings on Google. You’ll be able to keep an eye on your website’s rankings for specific keywords and see how your keyword positions fare across your target market.
Organic Traffic Insights
In this lesson, you’ll get to know Semrush’s Organic Traffic Insights tool so you can gain a better understanding of how users are behaving on your website. You’ll be able to identify how to use traffic and analytics to drive a successful SEO campaign in the future.
Who is this сourse for?
This course provides an in-depth overview of Semrush’s keyword research tools and is perfect for anyone looking to gain a better understanding of how to manage keywords in a campaign, track movements in keyword positions, and get actionable insights to optimize your website.
What you’ll learn
Throughout this course, you will become familiar with five of Semrush’s core tools for conducting keyword research including, Keyword Overview, Keyword Magic Tool, Keyword Manager, Position Tracking, and our Organic Traffic Insights tool. By the end of the course, you’ll be able to create an efficient workflow for keyword strategy and optimization so you can level up your digital marketing.
Learn how to navigate Semrush’s tools for conducting keyword research, creating a keyword strategy, and monitoring competitor activity in this free course.
Certification Questions & Certification Answers
Fill in the blank: When you run a campaign, Position Tracking tracks daily performance for __ days based on your start date. After this time has passed, the tool will display weekly information for 140 weeks.
If we have 2 keywords with corresponding Keyword Difficulty scores of 80 and 40, which one is easier to rank organically?
- Keyword with KD 40
- Keyword with KD 80
Keyword Magic offers the functionality to see a list of question-based keywords that contain your seed keyword.
Keyword Manager allows you to create an unlimited number of keyword lists for all paid subscriptions; and users with a paid account can give ______ access to any free user.
Keyword Overview allows you to:
- All of the above
- Reveal the global search volume for a keyword across all Semrush country databases.
- View the list of websites ranking organically for the analyzed keyword.
- Check the list of keywords bringing traffic to your website. View the list of websites ranking organically for the analyzed keyword. Reveal the global search volume for a keyword across all Semrush country databases. All the above
Organic Traffic Insights shows your keyword rankings based on data from ___
- Google Search Console
Position Tracking allows users to track a website’s search visibility across multiple devices (desktop, phone, and tablet) and locations (down to a ZIP Code level) in one project.
The closer the Competitive density score is to 0, the higher the number of advertisers currently bidding on this keyword.
What keyword filters can you apply to narrow your search in Keyword Magic Tool?
- Broad match
- Phrase match
- Exact match
- All of the above
What’s correct about Position Tracking?
- It allows you to check local search volume for tracked keywords if the location is configured at a more granular level than country.
- It shows semantically related variations for the tracked keywords.
- It makes it easy to spot cannibalization issues on the tracked website.
What’s true about Keyword Difficulty?
- It shows the average number of times a specific search query is entered on Google per month.
- It shows a level of competition in paid Google search results for a certain keyword.
- It shows how much SEO effort it might take to rank in the top 10 of Google organic results for a certain keyword.
What’s true about Keyword Magic Tool?
- It provides the ability to track your website’s daily positions on Google by your set of keywords.
- It allows investigating question-based keywords from your seed keyword.
- It provides the update metrics feature to get the freshest keyword metrics with just the click of a button.
Which of these tools allow you to analyze SERP and see what pages are in the top-100 Google Positions for desktop, and 20 for mobile for a particular keyword?
- Keyword Magic tool
- Keyword Overview
- Position Tracking
- Organic Traffic Insights
Which tool lets you check keywords that had the biggest negative/positive impact on a domain’s rankings during a specific period?
- Position Tracking
- Keyword Magic Tool
- Keyword Manager
- Keyword Overview
Which type of search intent doesn’t exist in Semrush?
This page was last edited on 3rd February, 2024 at 4:38 PM (UTC).
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.