How to Outrank Your Competition in Local Search – Semrush Certification Answers 2024
Local Ranking Factors Explained
Discover what matters the most in local search rankings, in order from most to least important. You’ll also learn outdated practices that you shouldn’t waste time on anymore.
2 Sneaky (But PROVEN) Ways to Rank Higher in Local Search
Learn two tactics that have flown under the radar for most local business owners, but can make a HUGE difference in where you show up in the map.
Local SEO Keyword Research Made Easy
Discover how to use Semrush to find the right keywords, and how to choose the best performing business categories to use within GBP.
Maximizing Your Google Business Profile
Learn exactly how to create and optimize the perfect Google Business Profile for search AND conversions.
Harnessing Reviews for Higher Rankings & Conversions
In this lesson, Wes gives his best tips for getting more reviews, and how to respond to them to help you convert more browsers into customers.
Optimizing Your Website for Local SEO
In this lesson, Wes shows the best overall site structure for local pages, where keywords should go, and how to increase behavioral signals that tell Google your website is worth showing.
How to Build Local SEO Links & Citations
Discover how to build citations and links to your website using Semrush’s link building tool.
Who is this сourse for?
If you’re running a local-based business, you know the importance of showing up on Google’s local map pack. This course will provide you with key strategies to focus on so you can see an impact on your ranking potential.
What you’ll learn
Get to know the most important local ranking factors so your business shows up on Google’s local map pack. You’ll learn optimization techniques perfect for search and conversions, as well as strategies for local link and citation building.
See a positive impact on your business by showing up on Google’s local map pack. This course provides you with strategies for outranking your competitors.
Certification Questions & Certification Answers
After receiving a bad review, what should you do?
- Calm measured response addressing what went wrong & how you’re willing to fix it
- Ignore it
- Lash back with a long winded response
- Delete it
Businesses who list their addresses generally rank higher than those who do not
Describe best ways in which you can ‘bury’ bad reviews
- Reach out to bad reviews owners and ask to delete them
- Get new 5 star reviews
- Make a request to Google to delete your bad reviews
- Ask your best customers or friends who have already left a review to update it
- Have a customer add a photo to a previous good review
How can you check which listings and directories your business is in?
- Write a request to listings aggregator
- By using Listing Management Tool
- Go manually to each listing and search for it
How do you report to google that a competitor may be breaking the rules?
- By reporting the mistake directly on the business profile
- By using the “Suggest an Edit” link on the business profile
- By sending over an official email to
If you provided a service remotely, which is a better way to request a review?
- Email, as it has higher open and response rates.
- Text, as it has higher open and response rates
Name all examples of clickable content that you can use to create more backlinks?
- Comprehensive Swipe File or Resource guide
- Unique research data or statistics in your industry
- Ultimate guides
Name at least 3 of the places where you should include your primary phrase
- Alt tag of the main image
- In the H1 (Main headline at the top of the page)
- In the the body copy (sprinkled throughout)
- In page Title Tag (that appears in the browser tab)
- In the H2 or H3 subheadline
Name one Pro and one Con to changing your business name to include keywords
- Con: Could sound spammy & less trustful. Might not help in the future.
- Pro: Will rank higher in map searches
- Con: Could lead to less customers/sales
- Pro: Just a few places where you will need to update your name.
Name three of the Local SEO Ranking Factors
- Secondary category
- Keyword in Business Name
- Google Reviews
- Keyword in your business’ geo-location
- Your Location
Out of the seven biggest ranking factor buckets – which one impacts your ability to rank the most?
- Behavioral Signals
- Google Business Profile (GBP)
- On-Page SEO
Correct Answer :
- Google Business Profile (GBP)
Should you choose secondary categories for your GBP?
- Yes, but make sure they are relevant
- No, it’s not necessary
What are the three columns in Semrush’s Keyword Magic Tool you should pay most attention to while performing a keyword search?
- SERP features
What are the three major aspects of location?
- City Center
- Proximity to the searcher
- Proximity to other cities
- Exact city area
- City Borders
What does NAP mean?
- Name Address Platform
- Number Affiliate Partners
- Network Available Performance
- Name Address Phone
You should name spam and keyword stuff your business name in your GBP to increase your rankings
This page was last edited on 3rd February, 2024 at 4:37 PM (UTC).
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.